As a rap artist you want to have a strong fan base that supports you and your music. Some say you can't gain this fan base without a label backing you, but that couldn't be more than false. There are a lot of indie (independent) artists who have huge fan bases and are not signed. Today I want to explain a way you can start building your fan base online.
Building your fan base can also be called a building a list of potential buyers of your music. So how can you start building this list of fans/potential buyers? Well there's a couple of steps:
1. Before anything you need to have a Vision for your music
2. You need to have a blog or website with your own domain name to post your content
3. You need a Email Autoresponder service such as Aweber
4. You need to know your traget market (What type of people listen to the music you make)
5. You need a marketing strategy (I would use Facebook)
6. You need to set up a Web Form within Aweber so people can opt-in with their name and email so they get some of your material for free
7. You need to create and test ads on Facebook aiming towards your target market
8. You need to follow up with these people (Your potential buyers) with new content that you create.
That's just some of the things you will need at least to get started.
So if you want to start building a fan base, start to implement those things listed above.
Timothy Ferrell aka Young Hercules
P.S. Find out how you can get Save $25 on this Beat Pack...